Ouroboros: The Sacrifice
The lands of Fyra are a harsh, cold, and unforgiving wasteland; traits the people that inhabit it have inherited.
When their children reach maturity, some are sent to guard the land's borders - told never to return without either a trespasser or completing a Journey delivered by the Gods.
In exchange, their families are guaranteed food and shelter in the harsh lands for as long as their children man the wall; in the end, many die on the border - waiting for intruders who do not come or Gods who will not speak with them.
Iyu is one of those who was fated to guard the border. He has survived 30 withering years in the biting cold and, now an adult, is plagued with visions of death and dying alone.
His resolve is tested as the Gods finally deliver him the means to take the first step on his journey - a meeting with the Goddess of Death. It seems that to go home, first he must die trying.
Ouroboros: The Sacrifice is a short-length (30-60 minute) first-person horror-themed adventure game. Includes professional voice-acting, hand-drawn backgrounds and characters, and an atmospheric soundtrack.
Download free game: Ouroboros: The Sacrifice (donations appreciated)!
Start the game, click past the instructions screen after reading it, click Journey and then select
There is a two-part introduction, after which you'll be deposited on the top of a cliffside vista
which overlooks the Stonecloak camp.
Click on the camp to the left side on the screen.
Click through the dialogue, click on the mirror (inside the tent and to the right of the lantern)
Click on parts of your head and equipment to learn more. Click on the right side of the screen when
[Conversation with Firryn Brother]
[Conversation with Delgof]
- All dialogue choices are optional - none alter or change the facts of the game, only what
information you learn moving forward.
- Pick up the Staff
- Pick up the Pack
- Click on the Exit
- Acknowledge the dialogue
Three Kings Puzzle Explanation
- Flag directions are read from the front to the back.
- When no flags consecutively go the same direction, the direction to walk is forward.
- When two flags are adjacent and point the same direction, the direction to walk is the opposite
direction (e.g. pointing left = go right)
- When all three flags point in a direction, walk in that direction.
- To complete the puzzle, the player must correctly answer 5 steps.
This puzzle's solution sequence is randomly generated - there is no preset solution.
- Write down the direction of whispers that occurs with each successful answer. Possible directions
are Left, Right, and Stereo.
All possible combinations:
LLL RRL LRR
RRR LLR RLL
- Click on the entrance to the pass (inside the crater, near the top middle and close to the floor
of the walls)
Bell Puzzle Explanation
During your walk to the temple, you would have heard whispers with each step that you took towards
Starting with the forward-right bell, the directions to translate to are, in counter-clockwise
fashion: Left, Middle, Right.
It is not necessary to translate the whispers - the puzzle can be guessed through with relative ease.
The puzzle is a sequence of notes that must be matched in order by clicking the bells. Input the
right sequence and the temple will open.
A 'correct' note will sound strange and warbly while an 'incorrect' note will sound clear - and will
also reset your progress.
It is very likely that a bell will not be rung twice in a row, though back-and-forth 'bouncing' may
Correctly input 5 tones with the bells and the puzzle is solved.
- Click on the Mouth
- Grab the Knife from the bottom right side of the screen, near the candles.
- Click near the bottom of the screen to access the Living Quarters
- Grab the Staff and the Ring
- Go back to the Hub
- Go to the Left Passageway and then on the right side of the dark tunnel, click to access Drum
Room. The music will fade out.
- Pick up another Ring.
- Go back to the Hub
- Go down the Right Passageway.
- Grab the metal sphere at the end of the hallway
- Click on the left side to access the Preparation Room
- Collect all the items laying about.
- Go back to the Living Quarters via the Hub.
- Assemble the Staff by using the following items in this sequence:
- Metal Sphere -> Shaft
- Ring -> Shaft
- Ring -> Shaft
- Click on the Prayer Book
- Take It - new pages will be added to your Journal as a result.
- The Living Quarters are is now Inaccessible
- Go left and then right to arrive in the Drum room.
Sending Song Puzzle Explanation and Solution
The Journal has this puzzle's solution in the section on The Sending Song.
In this entry you are presented with a series of images depicting a corpse in various stages of
Decay (The Lady Death/Voshim is the Goddess of Natural Death, Decay, and Luck)
Underneath each stage are two letters and on the bottom right is a 'legend' of sorts, depicting a
series of ovals from left to right.
To map the symbols to the correct locations, simply look at the stages of decay and put them in
order from freshest to most decayed.
The solution is AA DC BE DE AA.
The drums are from left to right: A B C D E or 0 1 2 3 4.
Play the notes of the song in the correct
sequence and you will receive the message 'Something has changed'.
This completes 1 of the 2 tasks necessary to open the ritual room at the far end of the Hub.
- Go back to the Hub and then right and left to arrive in the Preparation Room
- Interact with the corpse three times then place the Glass Sphere on the tube to the left and up of
the corpse, in the rocky niche.
- You will receive the message 'Something has changed'; this completes the tasks necessary to unlock
the Ritual Room.
- Return to the Hub
- Go forward and into the Ritual Room
- Drop the Knife if you'd like additional information or Sacrifice your Blood (you will always be
forced to sacrifice the blood).
- Advance across the Bridge to the Wastes
- Voshim will stop you and initiate a dialogue.
- Answer however you want to with most of her questions.
- When she offers to change your fate for a wager you are given two options.
- Ending A: Accept
- Ending B: Refuse
With that final choice, you have completed the game.